BIO DATA OF Dr. DODDARANGE GOWDA
Kannada Poet; Cine Lyricist; Retd. Professor and Ex. M.Lc.
Date of Birth : 07 Feb 1946
Father’s Name : Late Shri K. Range Gowda
Mother’s Name : Late Smt. Akkamma
Contact No : +91-99002-53495
Education : BA Honors(Bengaluru Universtiy, 1970)
M.A. Degree(Bengaluru Universtiy, 1972)
Ph.D, (Bengaluru Universtiy, 2004 – Kannada Navodaya Kavya: Ondu Punar Moulya Mapana)
(Revaluation of Kannada Romantic Poetry – 1903 to 2003- Study of 300 Kannada poets and poetics)
Professional Details : Retd. Profesor of Kannada & Retd. Director of Post Graduate Studies, Both Kannada & English,
Sheshadripuram College, Bengaluru-20, 2004 – 2008.
Professor of Kannada in “Bengaluru SLN College of Arts, Scince & Commerce from 1972 to 1998
Served as Principal from 2000 to 2004.
Guided 16 M.Phil & P.hd students -2004 to 2008
After Retirement worked as a Director, Kannada Post Graduation Centre S.E.T. Bengaluru for 6 years – 2002-2008 – worked as Guide for Hampi Kannada Universtiy & Kuppam Dravidian Universtiy.
Presented a paper in Mediveal Kannada Form of Poetry in an International Semirnar held in Kuppam,
Dravidian Universtiy Since 25th May 2008 to 25th May 2014 (Nominated Member in BJP Karnataka Government)
Dodda Range Gowda’s Contributions to Kannada Literature
In his long Journey of Writing he has published 48 anthologies of ODES. 6 Ballets (Dance – Dramas), 5 Life Skecthes Ballets (Biogrophies), 29 anthologies of Critical Essys, 4 Travelogues, 2 Criticisms in Kannada Language, besides innumerable literary articles in Vernacular Journals and Periodicals.
State Awards to Dr. Dodda Range Gowda
- National Integration Poem in the year 1982 for the picture titled as “AALE MANE” Award (Special Lyric Award)
- 1992 “Ganeshana Maduve” Film Year best lyric Award.
- 1995 “KAVYA” film got Best Lyric Award. With silver medal.
- 1997 “JANUMADA JODI” Film folk songs got best lyric of the yeare Award.
- 1-11-1999 Kannada Rajyostava Award and felicitation.
- 18-04-2000 Kempe Gowda Award from Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike.
- 2002 Vardhamana Mahaveera Award from Sri Math of Shravanabelagola.
National Felicitations and International Records
- In who is who Dodda Range Gowda’s name has been recorded and printed.
- Asia Pacific has referred his achievements.
- Senior English Prof. N.Nanjunda Shastri has published an article which rear for 12 pages titled as the upcoming modern Kannada poet. Dr. Dodda Range Gowda.
- His 47 poems has been translated to Hindi Languages and has come out in the form as book titled as “GEETHA VAIBHAV”.
- Dr. Dodda Range Gowda on behalf of Karnataka represented state and people in a Sarva Bhasha Kavi goshti “National Symposium of Poet’s “ – conducted during Republic day at Delhi in the year 1977.
- “THE WHEEL OF TIME” and Other Poems (Poems) Released in Chicago (USA) – 2008.
- “VOICE OF THE AGE” (Socialistic Poems) released in London (UK) in 2012.
Many Nations recognised and felicitated him for his services rendered to the field of Kannada Literature.
- American Biographical Centre USA in its gazette 1992-93 has a special reference about him along with other 500 distinguished personalities under the tide of “Most admired men and women of the year” annual poll.
- A.B.I. North Carolina(USA) has sent a letter of unique record about the life and work of Dr. Doddarange Gowda. This is published in English Language.
- Cambridge of England published men of Achievement award volumes. In volume 16, there is a reference about notable achievements, uniqueness of the poet Dr. Doddarange Gowda. This recognised all over the World.
- Since1st of August 1997 the American Biographical Institute of USA has appointed Dr. Doddarange Gowda as an Indian councillor. Tis is a great honor and recognization given by ABI USA for humble and simple Kannada writer.
- In the year 11.11.1997 Dr. Doddarange Gowda has received RECOGNITION AWARD from FLINT(USA) Michigan State.
Felicitation from the people of Karnatka
Since 1972 many districts of Karnataka has felicitated him for his service to the state and nation through Kannada Literature and bestowed him with many titles.
- 1972 Kannada Sahitya Academy poetic collection got best prize. “KANNU NAALAGE KADALU”.
- 1982 Akhila Karnataka Chalana Chitra Rasikara Sangha Best Lyric Award in “AARUNA RAGA” film.
- 1990 Kannada Sahitya Parishat has awarded him the Ratnakara Varni – Muddana Kavya Award for “PREETHI PRAGATHA”.
- 1999 Arya Bhata Award releasing devotional songs cassette the song being “JAYAVENNI BHAIRAVAGE”.
- He read his poem in Vishwa Kannada Sammelana and Poet Laurate Kuvempu presided over the function.
- He delivered an Excellent Speech on the literary works of Dr. Shivrama Karantha and poet Laureate “Kuvempu poetry in Vishwa Kannada Sammelana in the year 1997.
Service in the field of Kannada Filmland
Since 1977 Dr. Doddarange Gowda has written many films songs excedding 560 in number and the songs got statewide popularity. He has written dialogues for more than 10 films. More than 72 cassettes has been released and reached the top most place in Kannada film field. He has contrbuted titles for more than 100 T.V. Serials.
250 songs of Dr. Doddarange Gowda found in the following films:
- Paduvarahalli Pandavaru 2. Parasangada Gende Thimma 3. Bangarada Jinke 4. Ashwamedha 5. Ranjitha 6. Rashmi 7. Prema Parva 8. Krishna Rukmini 9. Hosa Neeru 10. Olave Baduku 11. Aalemane 12. Ganeshana Maduve 13. Kavya 14. Janumada Jodi.
Release of Bhava Geethe Cassettes
More than 50 Bhavageethe, More than 30 Devotional Songs. “ MAVU-BEVU” has made long play record in foreing countries also.
Lahari an organisation has released more than 50 CD’s his songs of Dr. Doddarange Gowda made the title Antharangada Hoobana, Bhumi Tayane and Gana-Yana.
Contribution of Dr. Doddarange Gowda in the field of light music is unique. Every cassette has made name and evergreen in the hearts of every Kannadiaga.
- Mavu-Bevu 2. Geetha Vaibhava 3. Kavya Kaveri 4. Tangaali 5. Preethi Bhavane 6. Prema Payana 7. Hrudayada Hakki. 8. Holy Hunnime 9. Ugadi 10. Chitrotsava 11. Mavu Mallige 12. Bhoomi Bhanu 13. Kannda ve Devaru 14. Yuga Vani 15. Geetha Garudi. 16.Geetha Siri 17. Nenapina Naveelu 18. Namma Preethi Kannada …. are the illuminating stars in the galaxy of Bhav Geetha.(Collection of Kannada Lyrical) ( Siri Samvardhana and Nalme Nesara ; Music and Lyric by Dr. Doddarange Gowda)
Cassettes and C.D.’s of Devotional Songs
Dr. Doddarange Gowda well know for his devotional songs, his famous works are
Sri Guru Charanadalli 2. Sri Ayyappa Swamy Bhakthi Kusumanjali 3. Bhakthi Sharananjali 4. Sri Siddeswara Stuthi 5. Saptha Matha Githanjali 6. Sri Astha Devi Geetha Mala 7. Sri Himavad Gopala Swamy Bhakthi Geethegalu 8. Shivayogi Bhakthi Kusumanjali 9. Chiranthana Chaitanya 10. Sri Guru Sankeerthana 11. Ganga Tharanga 12. Chinmayi Thayee Chowdeshwari 13. Sri Sathyanarayana Swamy Bhakthi Geethagalu 14. Suprabhatha 15.Vishwavyapi Ayyappa Swami Aaradhana 16. Sri Beereshwara Bhakthi Bhava Saurabha.
D.R.G.’s English Books
- “The wheel of time” and other poems. 2. “Voice of the Age” 3. Egypt and Pyramids
Foreign Tours of Dr. Doddarange Gowda as a representative of Literature and Culture.
- Participated in Nepal Programmes of Art and Culture Festival for 21 days. Sponsered by Jai Bharatha Educational Society in the year 1997.
- In the year 1997 under the sponsorship of ADI CHUNCHANAGIRI INTERNATIONAL EDUCAIONAL ORGANISATION. Dr. Doddarange Gowda along with his wife Dr. K. Rajeshwari Gowda. He toured America, England, and Germany for 47 days and propagated the greatness of Karnataka its culture, Art and Literature.
- Dr. Doddarange Gowda through his lectures, speeches and poetic illustrations inspired the valuable cultural, Tradition, Religion and greatness of Kannada Language in many important cities under the joint venture of “ART OF LIVING FOUNDATION” and “SPIRITUAL UNIVERSTIY”.
- On 2.09.2004 Vishwa Kannada Sammelana held at Orlando of Florida USA Dr. Doddarange Gowda represented Karnataka. He was a visiting member among 20 delegates selected by Government of Karnataka.
- In the year 2007 month of May he toured Egypt for 11days and visited the Library of Alexandria and noticed the Kannada word “OORALLI” inscriptions found on its wall.
- Recently Kuvempu Geleyara Balaga conferred him the tittle of “VISHWA MANAVA AWARD” and Survey cultural academy conferred with Sahitya Sri Award.
He attained highest positions in different literary and cultural organisation
- Honorable Member in Indian performing rights society (I.P.R.S) Mumbai since 02.08.1982
- President of Kavi Ratna Ranna Award Selection Committtee.
- As honorbale Jury in Film Award Selection committee since 1990 to 2000.
- He was the Editor member of “AUTHORS WORKSHOP” and one of the three editors for “IS” Magzine.
- Worked as a Member of SLN Arts, Science and Commerce Degree College, since 1981 to till 2004.
- Worked as the Editor for “CHAITRA; Literary Magazine. Since 1972 till 2004
- Chief Editor for JNANA JAGATHHU (Educational Magazine) and introducing guide for state schools and colleges – State Educational Directory published by Jnana Peetha prakashana.
- Involved in collecting literature and Janapada sahitya (FOLK-LORE) and conducting research as a folkorist; value based literary works of village folks of oral tradition.
Honorbale member of Karnataka State Sahitya Academy.
Government of Karnataka nominated Dr. Doddarange Gowda as Honorable member and he served the academy for 2 consecutive periods. He worked as honorary editor for “ANIKETANA” published by Sahitya Academy once in two months. He devoted his work as an honorary Memeber for Kannada Development Authrority. He extened his services in the capacity of Chairman of Kannada Quality Film Selection Committee.
Dr. Doddarange Gowda as a singer and Music Composer
He himself a Melodious singer that has been proved in cassette released under the following titles. Ankura
Shakthi Kodu Prabhuve, Kaadu Mallige, Sri Sannidhi, Vatsalya Geethe, Bhoomi Bhannu, Sri Sathyanarayana Swamy Suprabhatha, Vanasamvardhana, Nalme Nesara, Githa Garudi, Nelada Siri, Mannina Hadugalu, Nilambari, Nada Ninada.
He has scored music for VANA SAM VARDHANA and NALME NESARA.
He has written 47 songs for Adi Chunchanagiri Sadhana Siri and Megha Serials like “MAYUR DHARSHANA.” (Ballet).
Dr. Doddarange Gowda as a columnist
He wrote number of articles to the The Times of India (Kannada Version), as a coloumnist. Now is continuoulsy writing a coloumn “HRUDAYAANTARALADINDA” in Hosa Dighanta Kannada Daily, since 4 years.
Dr. Doddarange Gowda acting in Kannada Films and T.V. Serials
Films : 1. Makkaliralavva Mane Thumba 2. Care of Foot Path 3. Taare 4. Mad love 5. Nanna Gopala 6. Obavva 7. Dhanush 8. Sri Adhichunchanagiri Mahathme. 9. Garbhada Gudi 10. Life Style (New) 11. Santhe 12. Ammna Gudi.
My Teachers :
- G.P. Rajaratnam
- Dr. R. Sri Mugali
- Pro. H.G. Sannagaddige
- Pro. S.R. Malagi
- Dr. G.S. Shivarudrappa
- Dr. M. Chidananda Murthi
- P. Lankesh
- Y.N.K. ( Y.N. Krishnamurthi)
- Dr. B.V. Vaikuntaraju
- Pro. K. R. Nagaraj
- Dr. N.S. Lakshminarayana Bhat
- Dr. Chandrashekara Kambara
My Close Friends :
- Sri. Chi. Shreenivasa Raju
- Dr. C. Veeranna
- Govindahalli Devegowda
- T.S. Lohitashwa
- Pro. S.G. Siddaramaiah
- Dr. H.S.R.
- T.S. Nagabharana
My Classmates :
Sri N.R. Narayanamurthi (Infosys)
Dr. M.L. Narasihmamurthi
(President : BMS Engineering College )
My Well-wishers :
Sri K.V. Jayaram (Film director)
Sri Maruthi Shivaram
Sri Siddalingaiah (Bangarada Manushya)
Sri S.V. Rajendra Singh (Babu)
I Like :
My Breath : Poetry & Folk Literature
My Style : Agrestic
My Food : Vegetarian
My Favorite Color : Green
I Like : Nature, Literature, Music, Central College, Bengaluru
My Trusted Group : P.P. Group
My Viewpoint : Nationality
My Establishing : Manava jaati tanonde valam (Pampa)